INSTACART

12/09/2020

SCREENS

Today I attempted to create screens for the bump-out windows. The idea was great, the execution was questionable and the final result went into the dumpster. Damage report, about $10 in wasted material and about 30 minutes of my time.


Here is the story. I purchased screen material and magnetic strip. The magnetic strip was 1" wide and 10' long. I cut the material and folded over the sides to create a sleeve for the magnetic strip. So far, it was all good. Unfortunately though, through the material, the magnet strips were not powerful enough to stay on the metal of the car. After messing with it for a while, I had enough! Failed trials lead to success - they say! We shall see if I come up with a better solution.

I also went to the dollar store today. Needed a few "can't go wrong" items, and found this hanging organizer, like they often sell for shoes, but much smaller. It was only $1.75 and I figured I can use that in some way. I had to shorten the thing and punch some holes in the top to hang it with suction cups into the side bump-out window. That can hold all the things I usually have on/in my nightstand. It keeps the little arm rest compartments free for midnight snacks 😇.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment